MOSCOW, October 27. /TASS/. The masterminds of the attack on the Shah Cherah Mausoleum in Shiraz, southern Iran, will face crushing retaliation, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said late on Wednesday.
"This will definitely not go unanswered, security forces and law enforcement agencies <…> will give a crushing <...> rebuff to its organizers and perpetrators," Raisi said in a message, excerpts of which were quoted by the Tasnim News Agency.
The Iranian president expressed condolences to the families and loved ones of the victims in the attack on the mausoleum.
Earlier in the day, the ISNA News Agency reported that three armed gunmen had opened fire in the Shah Cheragh mausoleum. Law enforcement officers detained two terrorists, and a search is underway for the third. According to Tasnim, at least 15 people were killed and 40 were wounded in the attack. Iranian media also reported that among the victims of the attack were two children. Later, Interior minister Ahmad Vahidi specified the death toll as 13 people.