MOSCOW, April 6. /TASS/. The OPEC+ teleconference has been postponed from April 6 to April 9 for technical reasons, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Monday, adding that relevant preparations are underway.
"It [OPEC+ teleconference] has been rescheduled to Thursday for technical reasons. Relevant preparations are underway," he said.
Asked whether the US’ participation in crude output reduction is a pivotal question for Russia, Peskov said that "the point at issue was that to stabilize the market the participation of countries, which previously did not take part in coordination efforts, will be required as well." He added without mentioning particular states that "those who maintain working contacts" have said that. "I think that we should wait for the teleconference that will be held this week," the Kremlin spokesman noted.
Moscow is ready to cooperate and is interested in cooperation with other countries for stabilization of the energy market, he emphasized.
Speaking about possible volumes of Russia’s crude reduction, Peskov said that "the total cuts ceiling is 10 mln barrels per day," adding that it is necessary to wait for the results of the OPEC+ teleconference before specifying Russia’s share.
Contacts with US, Saudi authorities
No telephone contacts between Russian President Vladimir Putin and the authorities of Saudi Arabia or US President Donald Trump are planned in the near future, the Kremlin spokesman told reporters on Monday.
"No contacts are planned so far. However, I will repeat that now telephone contacts are agreed very quickly and are held momentarily if required," he said when asked whether such telephone talks are planned in the near future, adding that "now there are no" contacts with Trump either.
The Russian president plans no more meetings with heads of biggest oil companies so far, Peskov noted. "So far the president does not have such plans, as for the Energy Ministry, Minister [Alexander Novak] is in constant touch with him," he added.