WASHNGTON, December 4. /TASS/. The US military in the Middle East has been attacked at least 76 times since October 17 amid the latest escalation between Palestine and Israel, The Washington Post (WaPo) reported, citing data provided by the Pentagon.
According to US media, American troops in the region were first attacked exactly on October 17.
Meanwhile, US troops in Iraq and Syria have faced assaults from rockets and drones nearly daily, WaPo writes.
Earlier, US Central Command (CENTCOM) reported that three commercial vessels had been attacked by the Houthis in Yemen in the Red Sea. The USS Carney repelled the attacks, which CENTCOM said were enabled by Iran, as it shot down at least three drones.
The USS Eisenhower aircraft carrier group passed the Strait of Hormuz and entered the Persian Gulf on November 26. The task force was deployed on a patrol mission to ensure the freedom of navigation via key international waterways.
In October, the United States said it was deploying the USS Eisenhower and the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier groups in the eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea due to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.