CARACAS, February 3. /TASS/. Caracas condemns US President Donald Trump’s statement on a possible use of military force in Venezuela, Venezuelan Vice President Delcy Rodriguez said on Sunday.
"We don’t accept these statements by the US president," she said at a briefing for Russian journalists. "The hidden motive behind them is the desire to get hold of Venezuela’s rich resources."
She expressed confidence that her country’s government is capable of resolving the political crisis without any outside interference, by peaceful means and in conformity with the constitution. "Sovereignty is not a subject for discussion, sovereignty is what must be defended," she stressed.
In an interview with CBS News earlier on Sunday, Trump said the use of military force in Venezuela is still "an option.".