SOCHI, May 13. /TASS/. The first stage of the Vostochny spaceport in the Russian Far East will be transferred for regular operation in 2016, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin told TASS on Friday.
"We have now submitted a draft decree to the president, in accordance with which the year 2016 is the term for transferring the first stage of the Vostochny cosmodrome for regular operation," the vice-premier said.
All construction works had been completed by late 2015 at the facilities of the so-called "launch minimum" and conditions had been created for the start of all-embracing trials, the vice-premier said.
"And now Spetsstroy [the Federal Agency for Special Construction] should complete building all the facilities that are not auxiliary structures and are important for launching the first stage of the Vostochny cosmodrome," the vice-premier said.