- Russian Foreign Ministry publishes part of agreement with US on Syria
- Russia to continue assistance to Syrian government — diplomat
- Opposition member: Groups rejecting Syrian ceasefire in fact support terrorists
- Nine districts of Syria’s Aleppo under shelling by militants
- Russia calls to speed up humanitarian deliveries to Syria’s Aleppo — diplomat
MOSCOW, September 28. /TASS/. Terrorists are preparing provocations in Aleppo that would involve chemicals weapons, Lieutenant-General Viktor Poznikhir, first deputy chief of the operations department at the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces told a news briefing on Wednesday.
"We've received the information terrorist groupings are preparing provocative strikes with chemical shells at the positions of the Syrian Armed Forces and residential areas in the eastern districts of Aleppo," he said.
UN aid convoy shelling
Russia's Defense Ministry says it obtains information on involvement of opposition armed units, with close links to Jabhat al-Nusra, into the attack on the UN humanitarian aid convoy in Urum al-Kubra, Syria.
Consultations with US on Syria
The ministry reports Russian experts due to leave for Geneva in near future to resume consultations with US on normalization of situation in Syria.
"In the near future Russian experts are expected to go to Geneva to resume consultations with the U.S., with the aim to seek possible ways for normalizing the situation near Aleppo and throughout Syria," the general said.
"We expect that American partners are prepared for joint work," he said.