- Ex-Ukrainian president lambastes Europe for ‘brining Ukraine to its knees’
- Putin will 'definitely react' in case Ukraine introduces visa regime, spokesman warns
- Ukrainian president signs bill limiting use of Russian language on TV, radio
- Putin advises Ukraine’s leadership to close offshore accounts before becoming 'European'
- EU signs regulation on visa liberalization with Ukraine
- Russia calls on Council of Europe to thoroughly monitor situation in Ukraine
BRUSSELS, June 29. /TASS/. The permanent representatives of 28 European Union member states have ratified the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, a source in the EU Council said. "The envoys have ratified the agreement today," he said.
According to the diplomat, the agreement must be fully ratified by the EU Council on July 11, probably. After that, the document will come into effect from September 1.
The envoys approved the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement after it had been ratified by the Netherlands on June 14. The document, signed by the King of the Netherlands Willem-Alexander, Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs Bert Koenders, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation Lilianne Ploumen and Minister of Security and Justice Stef Blok, came into effect on June 15.