All news

Ukrainian army prepares for mobilization of Kherson residents

On November 9, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu agreed with a proposal made by the commander of the Russian army group in the special military operation zone, Sergey Surovikin, for the pullback of Russian troops in the Kherson Region from the right bank of the Dnieper to the left bank

GENICHESK, November 17. /TASS/. The Ukrainian armed forces are preparing for the mobilization of all citizens of conscription age in Kherson, a source from the region's emergency services told reporters on Thursday.

"According to information received from sources in the Ukrainian armed forces, mobilization activities [with respect to] all draft-age citizens are being currently prepared in Kherson and on the right bank," the source said.

There is an attitude among the Ukrainian military that residents of various regions of Ukraine, including in the Kiev region, have been dodging the draft, including on the territory of the Kherson Region, when entry to the region was available to all comers.

On November 9, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu agreed with a proposal made by the commander of the Russian army group in the special military operation zone, Sergey Surovikin, for the pullback of Russian troops in the Kherson Region from the right bank of the Dnieper to the left bank. Surovikin stressed that the Russian military had successfully repulsed all Ukrainian attacks. The decision to move the forces back was due to the risk of their isolation, should territories downstream from the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant be flooded. Surovikin said that all civilians who wished to leave - more than 115,000 people - had already been evacuated from the right bank.