LUGANSK, June 26. /TASS/. People remaining on the premises of the Azot plant in Severodonetsk are in safety and have been provided with everything they need, an officer from the People’s Militia of the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) told TASS on Saturday.
"There are a lot of people in the basements of the enterprise, and the 800 [people] announced today is only part of them, those who have already come out. People in the industrial zone are now safe, under the protection of allied forces. Everything they need, food and medicines, has been delivered to them," the source said.
Earlier, the LPR’s People’s Militia told TASS that the evacuation from Azot had been temporarily suspended due to the shelling by Ukraine’s armed forces.
On Saturday, Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman Igor Konashenkov stated that the entire territory of the Azot enterprise in Severodonetsk had come under control of LPR units. According to LPR People’s Militia officer Andrey Marochko, the republic’s forces together with Russian troops continue to clear the premises of Azot and evacuate civilians.