MINSK, April 3. /TASS/. The Belarusian Defense Ministry announced that a combat readiness check of the country’s Armed Forces began on Monday on instructions from the republic’s President Alexander Lukashenko.
"Today, an inspection of the Belarusian Armed Forces’ combat readiness was launched on instructions from the head of state," the top brass said in a statement.
The State Secretariat of the Belarusian Security Council will oversee the inspection. "The activities <…> will make it possible to determine the commanders’ ability to control subordinate military units when placed on the highest military alert as well as to see whether military units are ready to accomplish tasks assigned to them on time," the Belarusian Defense Ministry specified.
Also, the top brass warned that civilian transport may be affected by temporary traffic restrictions so that military hardware can pass through.
Belarus last conducted a snap combat readiness check of its Armed Forces in mid-December 2022. The activities were defensive in nature, the country’s top brass said then. Security Council State Secretary Alexander Volfovich said following the inspection that its results had been thoroughly assessed and reported to the president.