- Overcoming collapse of trust to be politicians’ main task in 2015
- Key statements of Vladimir Putin's tenth annual press conference
- Russian lawmaker says year 2014 reveals Russia’s special global role
- Key points of Vladimir Putin's annual state of the nation address
- Putin: We are guided by interests rather than feelings in dealing with our partners
MOSCOW, December 31. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has addressed US President Barack Obama with New Year greetings, saying that both countries are responsible for world stability and can cooperate on the basis of equality, the Kremlin’s press-service has said.
“In his message to US President Barack Obama the Russian head of state pointed out that next year both countries will mark the 70th anniversary of a victory for which they had fought shoulder to shoulder as anti-Hitler coalition allies,” the statement runs. “The Russian president said that historical date is a reminder of the responsibility Russia and the United States bear for maintaining world peace and stability and their special role in resisting global challenges and threats.”
“It was noted that Russian-US partnership might develop successfully with reliance on the principles of equality and mutual respect,” the press-service said.