MOSCOW, April 5. /TASS/. Russia has demanded that the social network Twitter should restore access to the Foreign Ministry’s English-language post containing the main arguments of the Russian Defense Ministry regarding the provocation in Bucha, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.
The Foreign Ministry said that Twitter earlier on Tuesday resorted to "an act of outright censorship" by concealing behind a "platform rules violation notification" an English-language post on the Russian Foreign Ministry’s official account containing the main arguments of the Russian Defense Ministry’s statement about the provocation in the Ukrainian community of Bucha and a hyperlink to the full text.
"The post was flagged as ‘offensive’ and the users’ access to it was hindered to the maximum extent. Such a restriction was applied to the Foreign Ministry’s verified account for the first time since it was created in 2011," the Foreign Ministry said. "We demand that the US social network immediately restore access to the aforesaid publication. It is essential to rule out biased approach to content moderation on its resources in the future. Otherwise, Twitter will gain notoriety as an accomplice of the Kiev regime’s atrocities."