MELITOPOL, January 31. /TASS/. Ukrainian military conscription authorities in the Kiev-controlled part of the Zaporozhye Region are "catching" people everywhere in order to serve them with draft notices to send them to the front, Vladimir Rogov, chairman of the We Are Together with Russia movement, told TASS on Tuesday.
"In Zaporozhye, nowadays, they are being hunted down not only at gyms but also at underground crossings, at hospitals, and everywhere possible," he said, commenting on an incident in a Zaporozhye gym.
Earlier, the Klymenko Time news outlet reported that military conscription authorities came to one of the gyms to serve draft notices to its customers. The gym posted a plea on Instagram (owned by the US-based corporation Meta, outlawed as an extremist organization in Russia) asking that entrepreneurs "not be harassed". According to the news outlet, the post was later deleted. "They came there from the military conscription office in order to get a bribe, it’s just that the gym didn’t want to part with the money. They thought that with their posts igniting hatred toward Russian people they are doing enough in order not to pay," the politician added.
He stressed that the fact that the post was removed indicates that the issue was resolved with money.
Mobilization in Ukraine
Ukrainian media outlets published numerous reports that the Zelensky regime’s conscription authorities have been handing out draft notices to men out on the street, often with the use of force. According to experts, these actions by the Kiev regime are related to the Ukrainian army’s huge losses, particularly those from clashes in Donbass.
On February 25, 2022, Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky signed a decree on total mobilization in Ukraine. Later, the Verkhovna Rada repeatedly prolonged the mobilization, along with martial law, the last time being until February 19, 2023. On January 23, Zelensky said that the Ukrainian military command had been instructed to form personnel reserves in order to be able to rotate troops.