MOSCOW, April 21. /TASS/. The Central Research Institute of the Russian Aerospace Defense Forces in Tver saw another fire three years ago due to short circuit, an emergency services source told TASS on Thursday following a major fire at the research institute on Thursday.
"On March 6, 2019, a short circuited lamp in a cabinet on the second floor of the Central Research Institute caused a fire. It was quickly put out," the source said.
At 11am Moscow time on Thursday, a blaze erupted at the research center in Tver. It engulfed an area of 2,500 square meters, spreading to almost all floors. The roof partially collapsed. High temperatures, old floors of the building and heavy smoke complicated work to put out the fire. The open fire has been extinguished by now. Six people were killed and 27 sustained injuries in the blaze. According to preliminary reports, a short circuit failure was the cause behind the reported incident.