MOSCOW, October 28. /TASS/. The investigation has cancelled TV host Ksenia Sobchak’s suspect status under the case of extortion of 11 million rubles from Rostec CEO Sergey Chemezov, a source in the law enforcement told TASS Friday.
"The Ministry of the Interior investigator has cancelled the order on Sobchak’s involvement as a suspect. Currently, she has an eyewitness status," the source said.
Earlier, the law enforcement told TASS that the TV host became a suspect in the extortion case. The reporter herself made no comments about her status.
On Wednesday, Moscow’s Tverskoy Court arrested Sobchak’s commercial director Kirill Sukhanov and former Tatler editor-in-chief Arian Romanovsky under the case of extortion of 11 million rubles from Rostec CEO Sergey Chemezov. A search took place in Sobchak’s residence, and the reporter herself fled Russia. Later, she called Sukhanov’s arrest a "misunderstanding," expressing her hope that it will be "sorted out promptly," on her Telegram channel.
Earlier on Friday, RBC reported citing its sources that "there are currently no complaints" towards Sobchak, and she has "nothing to do" with the extortion case.