MOSCOW, October 20. /TASS/. There are no plans to announce a mobilization in the Zaporozhye Region following the introduction of martial law, a regional administration official told TASS on Thursday.
"No mobilization will be announced," the official said.
Chairman of the We Stand With Russian movement Vladimir Rogov explained to TASS earlier that efforts to recruit volunteers were underway in the region and more than 3,500 troops from the Zaporozhye Region were participating in the special military operation as part of the allied forces.
On Wednesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree introducing martial law in the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics, as well as in the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions. Russia’s Federation Council (the upper house of parliament) upheld the document at a plenary meeting. The president also granted additional powers to regional governments to ensure security.