MOSCOW, October 19. /TASS/. There is currently no reason for an evacuation in the Zaporozhye Region, Vladimir Rogov, the chairman of the We Are Together with Russia movement, told TASS on Wednesday.
"There is no reason whatsoever for an evacuation right now," he said when asked a corresponding question.
However, Rogov said, authorities in the Zaporozhye Region have an emergency plan in case of an escalation along the line of contact. Officials are ready for all scenarios, he assured. "We have contingencies in place for the speedy liberation of Zaporozhye and lots of other scenarios. Obviously, we are living in difficult times and have to be ready for anything," Rogov said.
According to Rogov, sabotage groups have continued making active attempts to break through the defense along the line of contact. "They have failed so far, and I am sure they won’t succeed as the army is holding its defense positions firmly," he explained.
On Tuesday, the Kherson Region’s Acting Governor Vladimir Saldo said civilians living in the region on the right bank of the Dnieper River would be relocated to the left bank amid the threat of flooding in the event that the Kiev regime’s forces attack the Kakhovka hydropower plant. The official also said that Ukraine had been amassing a large force near Nikolayev and Krivoy Rog. He explained that another reason behind the decision to resettle locals temporarily was the need to build large-scale defensive fortifications.