SYDNEY, March 16. /TASS/. Thirty-nine people who were injured in terror attacks on mosques in the city of Christchurch remain in city hospitals; seven more people were released from hospital in the morning of March 16, Christchurch’s chief physician said speaking at a briefing for journalists on Saturday.
According to the chief physician, seven patients who were injured in the March 15 terror attacks were released from the hospital, one four-year-old child was transferred to a hospital in a neighboring city and 39 more people remain under the care of physicians. Two minor patients remain in the hospital; they are in stable condition, and nothing is threatening their lives, the chief physician said.
On Friday, Mach 15, armed people entered the Al Noor and Linwood Masjid mosques in Christchurch, where hundreds of people were staying, and opened fire. Forty-nine people were killed and dozens were injured in the attacks.
Two men and one woman were detained in connection with the attack at the entrance to a mosque. One of them, a 28-year-old Australian, already appeared before court and was taken into custody until April 5. Two more are still staying in the detention center and, police reported, the involvement of one person who had been arrested under this case has not been determined yet.