YEREVAN, September 24. /TASS/. As many as 377 forced migrants have arrived in Armenia from Nagorno-Karabakh, the government’s press service said on Sunday.
"As of 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. Moscow time), a total of 377 forced migrants arrived in Armenia from Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh - TASS). <…> As many as 118 of them said they want to move to some particular places, 98 have been provided with housing," it said, adding that this was the first group of evacuees from Nagorno-Karabakh.
On September 19, tensions flared up again in Nagorno-Karabakh. Baku announced it was launching what it described as "local anti-terrorist measures" and demanded the withdrawal of Armenian troops from the region. Yerevan, in turn, said there were no Armenian forces in Karabakh, calling what was happening "an act of large-scale aggression." Residents of the Armenian capital took to the streets to protest outside the Armenian government building, blaming the country’s leadership and Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan for the situation.
Russia called on the conflicting sides to prevent civilian casualties and return to a diplomatic solution. On September 20, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry announced that an agreement had been reached in coordination with the Russian peacekeeping contingent to suspend the anti-terrorist operation in Nagorno-Karabakh as of 12:00 p.m. Moscow time. On September 21, representatives of Baku and the Armenian population of Karabakh met in the Azerbaijani city of Yevlakh "to discuss reintegration issues.".