MOSCOW, February 1. /TASS/. Washington’s unpredictability regarding anti-Russian sanctions forces Moscow to ‘be constantly on guard,’ Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Thursday.
"To our deep regret, we have to deal with quite an unpredictable partner: the US can do it [make a decision on new sanctions] both today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and, unfortunately, the decisions made are of quite unpredictable nature," the Kremlin spokesman said, responding to a reporter’s question about Russia’s readiness for any negative outcome, should the United States broaden anti-Russian sanctions, including a ban on the purchase of Russian government bonds by investors.
- Peskov chides US unpredictability due to contradictions in 'Kremlin List' and sanctions
- US sanctions intended to reduce Russia’s profit from defense deals — Department of State
- Top Russian lawmaker castigates Washington for being gripped by ‘sanctions craze’
- Russia’s envoy to US slams anti-Russian sanctions as ‘dead-end policy’
- US ‘Kremlin List’ means nothing to Russia — PM