MOSCOW, December 6. /TASS/. Syria’s government has ruled out any ceasefire in Aleppo that won’t envisage the withdrawal of all terrorist groups from the city, the country’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement published by the SANA news agency.
"Syria stresses that it won’t leave its citizens in eastern Aleppo in the terrorists’ captivity and will make every effort to release them, and therefore rejects the attempts of any side to call for ceasefire in eastern Aleppo if it envisages no guarantees of withdrawal of terrorists from there," the statement reads.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said earlier on Tuesday that the militants who will refuse to leave eastern Aleppo will be destroyed.
The militants were to leave eastern Aleppo under the initiative of US Secretary of State John Kerry put forward on December 2. Lavrov on Tuesday said the United States had revoked its proposal.