MOSCOW, April 26. /TASS/. A part of cellular phone numbers, which the FSB federal security service listed in its query to the Telegram messenger app in the framework of investigation of the April 3, 2017 suicide bombing in St. Petersburg metro, were never tied to accounts in Telegram, Pavel Durov, the founder of the messenger service said on Thursday.
In the summer of 2017, FSB officials said members of the international terrorist organizations operating on the Russian territory were actively using Telegram, which enabled them to create chats with the high level of data encryption.
FSB experts also said Telegram was used in preparations for the bombing in the St. Petersburg metro.
"Even if the FSB query were limited to a request to assist in tracking down just six of the terrorists involved in that scheme, we could scarcely be useful because some of the cellular numbers had never had accounts in Telegram while others were automatically deleted back last year because of inactivity," Durov said on his page in VKontakte social network.