MOSCOW, April 18. /TASS/. Russia has retained the 2nd place in the world in the sphere of military and technical cooperation despite sanctions, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Wednesday.
‘Despite the sanctions, the Industry and Trade Ministry and other our structures responsible for the development of the defense sector have managed to keep the high level of military and technical cooperation: we are still in the second place and are retaining this position, despite the illegal sanctions and unfair competition with us on the arms sale markets," the vice-premier said at a board meeting of the Industry and Trade Ministry.
- Russian state arms exporter’s military hardware sales hit $140 bln over 17 years
- Kremlin: Russia to counter unfair US competition in military-technical cooperation
- Russia, Qatar sign agreement on military and technical cooperation
- Putin praises Russia-India military-technical cooperation
- Russia, Mozambique to step up military-technical cooperation
Speaking about Russia’s successes over the past few years, the vice-premier said the rate of fulfilling the country’s state defense order had increased from 80 to 97-98%.
Besides, the ‘price wars’ of defense contractors have now gone and a flexible pricing system has been established in the defense sector, the vice-premier said.
Over the past few years, Russia has also been able to raise the prestige of the profession of the engineer, including by way of creating the institution of chief designers, Rogozin said.
The vice-premier also noted successes in import substitution and the creation of absolutely new sectors.