MOSCOW, January 25. /TASS/. Qatar is interested in acquiring Russian anti-aircraft missile systems S-400 Triumf, negotiations are in advanced stages, Qatar's Ambassador to Russia Fahad bin Mohammed Al-Attiyah said in an interview with TASS.
- Turkey second NATO member state to purchase S-400 complexes from Russia
- Part of S-400 shipment to China damaged by storm
- Middle East, Southeast Asia countries discuss buying Russia’s S-400 systems — minister
- New S-400 missile battalion to beef up Moscow air defense
- Exports of Russia’s S-400 missile systems
"The answer is yes, we are already in advanced negotiations," the diplomat said, specifying that the negotiations are indeed about "air defense systems and capabilities for our land forces as well."
The Ambassador recalled that during the visit of Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu to Doha (October last year) an agreement on military-technical cooperation was signed. "This paves the way for cooperation between Russia and Qatar in defense, in sales of military hardware, training of officers and soldiers, maintenance, and of course intelligence cooperation," he said, adding that Qatar will have a military attache in Russia and vice versa "very soon".