All news

Israel urges residents of 10 settlements in southern Lebanon to leave their homes

"The terrorist organization Hezbollah keeps on violating the ceasefire and the Israel Defense Forces will respond to these actions in the most resolute way," the IDF said

BEIRUT, May 24. /TASS/. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has issued an urgent warning to residents of ten settlements in Lebanon’s Nabatieh province and the Beqaa Valley, demanding they leave their homes before a series of airstrikes.

"The terrorist organization Hezbollah keeps on violating the ceasefire and the Israel Defense Forces will respond to these actions in the most resolute way," it said in a statement in Arabic posted on X. "Anyone staying near the militants, their facilities or military vehicles, exposes his or her life to danger."

Earlier on Sunday, Israel delivered airstrikes on 12 settlements in the vicinity of the port city of Tyre and in the Jezzine mountainous area harboring Hezbollah stronghold. According to the Naharnet news portal, at least five civilians were killed.