MOSCOW, August 29. /TASS/. Troops involved in the snap readiness check that began on August 25 have completed with redeployment and begun firing practice, the Defense Ministry’s press-service said.
- Aviation, air defense group created in Russia’s south within snap check
- Pacific Fleet vessels hold artillery, torpedo firing during drills in Sea of Okhotsk
- Bombers and interceptor aircraft redeployed to southern Russia from Perm
- Russian military base in South Ossetia alerted for snap readiness check
- Over 10 Caspian Flotilla vessels go on duty for snap check
"Troops have started live firing practice using standard firearms and equipment at proving grounds of the Southern Federal District. Taking part in the exercises are tanks, armored personnel carriers, air defense rocket and artillery systems, mortars and grenade launchers," the Defense Ministry said.
Military transport aircraft have airlifted the personnel and hardware to the designated areas and proving grounds. Bombers, fighter-bombers and front-line aircraft are getting ready for training flights. Rockets and bombs will be used, the Defense Ministry said.
The snap check of combat readiness is being held in the Russian armed forces on August 25 through 31. The Southern Military district, some units of the Central and Western military districts, the Northern Fleet, the Air and Space Force and paratroops are taking part. The snap check is part of preparations for the strategic exercise Kavkaz-2016 due in September.