MOSCOW, November 23. /TASS/. Iran will continue strikes in Iraqi Kurdistan until the threat to its national security is eliminated, Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC, the elite units of the Iranian Armed Forces) Ground Forces Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour said on Tuesday.
"Attacks on the anti-Iranian separatist groups in northern Iraq will be continued until the treat to our country is removed," the Tasnim agency quoted him as saying. He also said that the Iraqi authorities are strongly advised to evacuate civilians from the vicinity of headquarters and terrorist bases.
The Iraqi news portal Shafaq News reported earlier in the day that the IRGC forces had delivered several strikes south of Iraqi Kurdistan’s capital city Erbil. The IRGC also confirmed its involvement in the attack, saying it was staged with the use of kamikaze drones and targeted "terrorist groups based on the territory of Iraqi Kurdistan.".