MELITOPOL, November 15. /TASS/. Ukraine’s armed forces have not been collecting the bodies of dead service people along the line of contact near Zaporozhye during this period when there is a lull in the fighting to conceal losses, along with monetary reasons, too, Vladimir Rogov, the leader of the We Stand With Russia movement told TASS on Tuesday.
"After clashes, Ukrainian forces <…> have not been removing dead bodies, leaving them on the battlefields. There is the so-called lull in fighting to safely remove [bodies], but they never go out even halfway and do not collect [the bodies]. There are two reasons behind this: to hide losses and to declare a person missing, while the commander continues to receive his pay for three more months," Rogov explained.
According to him, these incidents take place regularly.
Rogov told TASS earlier that Ukrainian armed forces may view the Zaporozhye Region as a primary target in their offensive attempts following Russia’s withdrawal from the right bank of the Dnieper River amid plans to occupy the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant and advance toward Berdyansk. He also said some 40,000 Ukrainian troops could be deployed near Zaporozhye within a couple of weeks which could trigger an escalation along the line of contact. Allied forces in the Zaporozhye Region have been beefing up defenses against potential strikes in the region, Rogov emphasized.