ANKARA, December 29. /TASS/. Turkey and Russia signed a loan agreement for the purchase of S-400 Triumf anti-aircraft weapon systems, Haberturk TV channel announced on Friday.
- Russia expects to ink S-400 missile deal with India soon
- Russian-Turkish contract on S-400 missile systems worth $2.5 bln — Rostec corporation
- Details of S-400 missile system deal with Saudi Arabia to be agreed by year-end — official
- Russia to grant Turkey loan to cover part of S-400 missile deal
- Russian experts may be employed to service Turkey’s S-400s — Turkish top diplomat
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on September 12 that Ankara had signed an agreement with Moscow on the acquisition of S-400 systems, and also made a deposit for them. General Director of state corporation Rostec Sergey Chemezov said on November 2 that the contract exceeds $2 bln.
S-400 Triumf is a long-range anti-aircraft missile system, adopted in service in 2007. It is intended for the destruction of aviation, cruise and ballistic missiles, including medium range, and can be used against ground targets.