MOSCOW, November 18. /TASS/. Moscow won’t reject further communication with Washington at a higher level following the upcoming meeting on New START Treaty in Cairo, if the US is interested in that, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov told reporters on Friday.
"If the Americans show interest and readiness for this, we will not refuse," he said in response to a question whether Russia and the US planned to communicate at a higher level following a meeting of the consultative commission on the New START Treaty.
"But the Americans know our position, it’s in line with what we proposed to them and what we explained to them during the period when they interrupted all this unilaterally. Because they were the ones to interrupt, they should restart: This is a very simple logic," Ryabkov said.
He had earlier said the consultative commission was to hold a meeting on the New START Treaty in Cairo from November 29 to December 6.