Financial recovery of B&N Bank to last 6-8 months — Central BankBusiness & Economy September 21, 14:33
Russian senator says Morgan Freeman used instead of evidence in anti-Russian videoRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 14:17
Moldova’s liberals initiate presidential impeachmentWorld September 21, 14:06
Fan-ID system helped against racism during FIFA Confederations Cup — officialSport September 21, 13:35
Russian warship sails through English ChannelMilitary & Defense September 21, 13:12
Kremlin slams attempts to brand Russia as aggressor while discussing UN mission to DonbassRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 13:07
Press review: Peacekeepers in Ukraine stalled and Russia suspects US leak to IslamistsPress Review September 21, 13:00
Kremlin shares Defense Ministry's stance on US role in militants’ attack in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 21, 12:36
Admiral Essen frigate returns to Sevastopol from Mediterranean SeaMilitary & Defense September 21, 12:03
UN, October 17. /TASS/. The UN Security Council has strongly condemned the launch of a ballistic missile North Korea conducted on October 14, demanded that Pyongyang should refrain from such acts and threatened to take further substantive measures if such acts repeat.
According to a statement issued by the UN Security Council, its members strongly condemned the launch of a ballistic missile that had been conducted on October 14 and failed.
That launch is in serious violation of North Korea’s international obligations and UN Security Council resolutions 1718, 1874, 2087, 2094 and 2270, according to the statement.
The UN Security Council has confirmed its commitment to a peaceful settlement of the situation on the Korean peninsula and urged all countries to double their efforts to fully apply sanctions that were imposed against Pyongyang.
The UN Security Council said that it will closely follow the situation on the peninsula and will take further substantive measures to expand the existing regime of sanctions if necessary.
On October 15, the press service of the United States Strategic Command announced that Washington has the information that North Korea had conducted a new test of a medium range ballistic missile that failed.
According to the Strategic Command, it concerned the launch of the Musudan missile in the area of the city of Kuson.
UN Security Council resolutions prohibit North Korea from any activity related to the development of nuclear weapons and their means of delivery. Over the last few weeks, the Security Council members have been discussing a draft resolution providing for tougher sanctions against Pyongyang in response to the fifth nuclear test conducted on September 9.