Joseph Dunford says Russia most military capable country of those posing threat to USWorld July 23, 4:57
Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
PAK FA offers practically unlimited opportunities to pilot - commanderMilitary & Defense July 22, 11:29
Ukraine's National Broadcasting Board issues fine to Public Radio for 0% Urkainian songsWorld July 22, 5:39
Femen movement activists faces 5 years in jail for trying to frustrate summit meetingWorld July 22, 4:38
Russian Deputy PM dismisses allegations he will arrive in Moldova on warplaneRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 22, 2:46
Russian top diplomat shares his impressions from meeting with US leaderRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 21, 20:31
MOSCOW, July 29. /TASS/. Damage of the Donetsk Railway over the time of the armed conflict in Donbas is over 500 million hryvnias (about $23 million), the transport ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Wednesday.
The shelling and explosions from the positions of Kiev’s military have damaged the railroad, railway stations, locomotives, grids, bridges and other parts of the infrastructure. The railway has spent over 31 million hryvnias (about $1.4 million) on restoration of the infrastructures.
The ministry said earlier that between June 1, 2014 to July 20, 2015 the Ukrainian military made 177 acts of sabotage: 109 shelling, 68 explosions. One worker was killed, and 16 got injured.
On April 7, 2014, the then Ukraine’s acting president Oleksandr Turchinov announced plans to launch an "anti-terrorist operation" in the country’s eastern regions that disagreed with the Kiev authorities’ policy. By summer 2014, clashes between Ukrainian army and local militias grew into large-scale combat operations involving heavy weapons and warplanes. According to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), about 6,500 people have been killed in combat operations in eastern Ukraine. More than two million people are refuges, where 1.3 million are internally displaced persons.
The Minsk accords were signed on February 12, 2015 after 14-hour negotiations between the leaders of Normandy Four (Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko) in the Belarusian capital city of Minsk. Concurrently, Minsk hosted a meeting of the Contact Group on Ukrainian settlement.
A 13-point Package of Measures on implementation of the September 2014 Minsk agreements in particular included an agreement on cessation of fire from February 15, withdrawal of heavy armaments, as well as measures on long-term political settlement of the situation in Ukraine, including establishment of working subgroups as priority tasks.
The ceasefire however has been repeatedly violated. The self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Luhansk have repeatedly said ceasefire observation completely depends on the Ukrainian side.