Boxing Day on Red Square sets new Guinness recordSport July 23, 8:33
Joseph Dunford says Russia most military capable country of those posing threat to USWorld July 23, 4:57
Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
PAK FA offers practically unlimited opportunities to pilot - commanderMilitary & Defense July 22, 11:29
Ukraine's National Broadcasting Board issues fine to Public Radio for 0% Urkainian songsWorld July 22, 5:39
Femen movement activists faces 5 years in jail for trying to frustrate summit meetingWorld July 22, 4:38
Russian Deputy PM dismisses allegations he will arrive in Moldova on warplaneRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 22, 2:46
UNITED NATIONS, June 23. /TASS/. The United Nations Security Council has recognized North Korea’s latest ballistic missile launches as a violation of its resolutions banning development of nuclear weapons and means of their delivery in that country, Alexis Lamek, Deputy Permanent Representative of France to the United Nations said on Thursday.
He said all the members of the United Nations Security Council share views on the North Korean nuclear problem. The Security Council, in his words, insists on complete implementation of its resolution 2270 that was adopted in March 2016 and toughened sanctions against Pyongyang.
According to Lamek, the United Nations Security Council is considering a press statement that is to be a tough signal to the North Korean regime. The text has been referred to Beijing for its approval and may be passed within days.
The French diplomat stressed that all the Security Council members remain committed to diplomatic settlement of the situation around the Korean peninsula.
South Korea's military said on Wednesday that another launch of the North Korean ballistic missile Musudan with the range of up to 4,000 km was unsuccessful. The Musudan missile was launched from Wonsan (in North Korea’s eastern coast) at 05:58 a.m. local time in the direction of the Sea of Japan. It flew 150 kilometers and broke into pieces in mid-air. The launch was followed by another one at 08:03 a.m. local time. The second Musudan millise flew 400 kilometers and also fell down into the Sea of Japan. Both missiles were blasted from mobile launchers.
In the meantime, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said earlier on Thursday North Korea has carried out a successful test launch of a surface-to-surface medium-and long-range strategic ballistic Hwasong-10 missile.