BRUSSELS, March 10. /TASS/. The European Union has extended sanctions against 137 citizens of Russia and proclaimed republics in the East of Ukraine as well as 37 organizations for six months, the European Council said in a statement.
"On 10 March 2016, the Council extended by six months EU restrictive measures against 146 people and 37 companies in view of the continuing undermining or threatening of the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine," - according to the statement.
The asset freeze and travel ban have been extended until 15 September 2016, the Council said.
The Council also said that three deceased people were removed from the list of targets subject to the restrictive measures, but it did not name them.
The relevant legal acts will be published in the Official Journal on 12 March 2016, according to the statement.
The decision by the EU Council is formal and was adopted without debate and by written procedure.
The measures had been introduced in March 2014 and were last extended in September 2015.
Then, the black list consisted of 149 people, including representatives of the Russian leadership, Russian politicians, businessmen and security officials, as well as almost all members of the leadership proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republic (DNR and LNR). In addition, the list comprised 37 organizations, including all known military and political structure of the DNR and LNR. European businesses were not allowed to maintain any relations with them.