Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

WHO refutes media reports about staff's visit to Syria’s Douma

April 17, 17:21 UTC+3 GENEVA

The WHO said earlier that its staff members planned to visit Douma to assess the health situation there

Share
1 pages in this article
Douma, Syria

Douma, Syria

© AP Photo/Hassan Ammar

GENEVA, April 17. /TASS/. The World Health Organization (WHO) has not sent any staff to Syria’s Douma, WHO Spokesman Tarik Jasarevic told TASS, rejecting media report about WHO representatives’ arrival in the town.

"There is no WHO staff going to Douma," he said.

When asked to comment on media reports saying that a WHO delegation had arrived in Douma accompanied by Syrian Health Minister Nizar Yazigi, the WHO spokesman said that they were untrue.

The WHO said earlier that its staff members planned to visit Douma to assess the health situation so the organization was working with the Syrian government to be given access to the town.

Show more
Share
In other media
ADVERTISEMENT
Partner News
ADVERTISEMENT