MOSCOW, April 16. /TASS/. The Director General of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons [OPCW], Ahmet Uzumcu, has requested data on the presumable victims of the Douma chemical attack. He said it in a statement at the 58th session of the organization's Executive Council.
"I have addressed a letter to the Director-General of the World Health Organisation [WHO] [Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus] requesting that the WHO share with us information on the victims it reportedly collected through its partners on the ground," he said.
Uzumcu also issued an appeal to all the countries to share any data on the situation they might have and to submit it to the OPCW technical secretariat.
On April 14, the US, the UK and France delivered massive missile strikes at targets in Syria without authorization by the UN Security Council. The Russian Foreign Ministry said the missiles had hit a research center in Damascus, the headquarters of the Republican Guard, an air defense base, several military airbases, and army depots.
The Russian Defense Ministry said the attack lasted from 03:42 to 05:10 Syrian time [UTS + 3 hrs] and the Syrian Air Defense units brought down 71 of the 103 missiles, which the attacking nations had launched.
Three Syrian civilians were injured. Washington, London and Paris claimed the strikes had come as a response to an alleged use of chemical weapons in the Syrian city of Douma earlier this month.
US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, said on April 15 the US was getting ready to introduce a new installment of anti-Russian sanctions in the wake of the situation in Syria. However, The Washington Post said Trump had ordered putting off the imposition of the sanctions after consultations with his national security advisors.