Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

DPR human rights chief reveals number of war-related deaths in Donbass for 2018

April 17, 14:43 UTC+3 DONETSK

Since the beginning of 2018, 72 people, including 53 DPR military personnel, 13 male civilians and six female civilians have been injured in military action on the republic’s soil

Share
1 pages in this article
© Valentin Sprinchak/TASS

DONETSK, April 17. /TASS/. Thirty-seven residents of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) have been killed in the Donbass conflict sparked by Kiev’s authorities since early 2018, DPR Human Rights Commissioner Darya Morozova said on Tuesday.

"Since the beginning of 2018, 72 people, including 53 DPR military personnel, 13 male civilians and six female civilians have been injured in military action on the republic’s soil. Thirty-seven people, including 35 service members and two civilians, have been killed," she said on the agency’s website.

Last week, the Ukrainian side violated the Minsk Agreements again, in particular the Easter Ceasefire, having opened artillery fire on the residential outskirts and suburbs of Donetsk, as well as on the rest of DPR’s territory, Morozova reiterated. "From April 6 to 12, seventeen people, among them nine DPR military personnel, six male civilians and two female civilians, received mine blast wounds in the armed provocation unleashed by Ukraine’s troops, in addition four militiamen were killed."

A total of 4,604 people have been killed on DPR soil since the start of the armed conflict (April 2014 - TASS), among them 606 women and 3,998 men, including 76 children under 18.

Show more
Share
In other media
ADVERTISEMENT
Partner News
ADVERTISEMENT