Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

US citizen injured in household gas blast in Moscow — Emergencies Ministry

May 22, 2014, 12:14 UTC+3
The woman has been brought to hospital in a helicopter
1 pages in this article
{{$root.cfg.modules.slider.galleryTable_732603.stepNow *12 +1}} - 8 из {{$root.cfg.modules.slider.gallery_732603.sliderLength-1}}
1
...
{{item.num+1}}
...
{{$root.cfg.modules.slider['gallery_732603'].sliderLength - 1}}
{{$root.cfg.modules.slider['gallery_732603'].sliderLength - 1}}
+
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev
© ITAR-TASS/Sergei Bobylev

MOSCOW, May 22. /ITAR-TASS/. A US female citizen injured in the household explosion on Kutuzovsky Avenue in Moscow has been brought to hospital in a helicopter of Russia’s Emergencies Ministry (EMERCOM). Spokesperson for EMERCOM Moscow Main Directorate told ITAR-TASS that the woman, who is employee of the American embassy to Russia, suffered burns.

“She has been evacuated from the site of the incident in a helicopter of EMERCOM. Representatives of the American embassy are currently at the site of the incident; they have confirmed that the injured is a US citizen and works at the embassy,” the spokesperson said. Reports about the second person injured have not been confirmed so far.

What happened

A household gas explosion occurred in an apartment on the third floor of a 9-storey residential house on Kutuzovsky Avenue, 14. The house has been damaged and fire broke out. According to reports, ceilings between fourth and third floors of the residential house ruined. At present, the fire has been put out. Blast debris is being removed.

Mishandling of household gas could be the cause of the explosion that triggered fire, law enforcement authorities told ITAR-TASS.

“A gas blast occurred setting on fire the second floor of the residential house. According to a preliminary version, mishandling of gas could be the cause of the incident,” police said.

The first floors of the affected house are occupied by the municipal hospital No.57, Family and children social aid center ‘Kutuzovsky’, several boutiques and the office of Al Jazeera International Limited TV company.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама