CAIRO, December 12. /TASS/. A suicide bomber carried out the attack on Cairo’s Coptic cathedral on Sunday, Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said on Monday during a state funeral for the victims at the Unknown Soldier Memorial in the Nasr City district.
The president identified the suicide bomber as 22-year-old Shafik Mahmoud Mohamed Mostafa saying he had "detonated his explosives belt."
Sisi also said that four suspects, three men and one woman, had been detained on suspicion of organizing the attack.
The Egyptian police reported earlier that a woman had carried an explosive device into the cathedral in her bag and leaving it in that part of the church where women and children were sitting.
A powerful blast rocked the Coptic Cathedral in Cairo on Sunday morning soon after the service had begun when there were lots of people inside. According to official data, the blast killed 23 and left over 70 wounded.