Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Transnistria wants 5+2 settlement talks to be more active — foreign minister

November 26, 2016, 2:41 UTC+3 TIRASPOL

Earlier on Friday, Vitaly Ignatyev said Moldova is blocking Tiraspol’s initiatives at the talks on the Transnistrian settlement

Share
1 pages in this article

TIRASPOL, November 25. /TASS/. Transnistria wants the settlement talks in the 5+2 format to be more active, Transnistrian Foreign Minister Vitaly Ignatyev said on Friday at a meeting with visiting chief of the OSCE mission to Moldova, Michael Scanlan.

"Such a meeting would give a fresh impetus to normal work. It is extremely important due to objective reasons as we need to ‘synchronize the watches’ and confirm our attitude to the roadmap we signed in Berlin, to discuss the parameters of the settlement of the problem issues fixed in this document," he said.

Earlier on Friday, he said Moldova is blocking Tiraspol’s initiatives at the talks on the Transnistrian settlement. "Dozens of Transnistria’s practical initiatives are on the negotiating table. The dialogue has wide possibilities to make progress given the agreements reached in the negotiating process are implemented by the parties," the foreign ministry’s press service quoted him as saying at a meeting with ambassadors of European countries.

According to Ignatyev, the tactic of small steps offered by his republic as far back as 2012 "has not yet exhausted its potential but the most topical task today is to work out an efficient mechanism of guarantees of the implementation of the agreements reached in the negotiating process."

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Реклама