Russia’s telecom watchdog may block Telegram messenger in RussiaBusiness & Economy June 23, 9:15
Russian warships fire Kalibr cruise missiles, destroy IS arms depots in SyriaMilitary & Defense June 23, 9:07
Kazakh foreign minister denies talks on sending troops to SyriaWorld June 23, 8:05
Russian fighters scrambled 14 times in past week to intercept foreign aircraft — ministryMilitary & Defense June 23, 6:17
EU summit participants show unity on anti-Russian sanctions — MerkelWorld June 23, 4:11
Moldovan parliament refuses to hold no confidence vote in Foreign Minister Andrei GalburWorld June 23, 2:03
Google.ru’s temporary ban should serve as reminder to others — lawmakerBusiness & Economy June 23, 1:59
Russian lawmaker slams EU’s decision to extend sanctions on Moscow as absurdRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 23, 0:32
IOC spokesperson confirms Bach’s words about possible sanctions on RussiaSport June 22, 23:27
DONETSK, November 19. /TASS/. Units of the Ukrainian military over the past 24 hours, 1,510 times opened fire on the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), one militia was injured, representative of the defense authority Eduard Basurin told the Donetsk News Agency on Saturday.
"The situation in the republic remains tense," he said. "Over the past day, the Ukrainian military 1,510 times violated the ceasefire regime, and one serviceman was injured."
The military launched 132 artillery shells of 152 and 122mm calibers, 526 mines of 120 and 82mm calibers. They used grenade launchers, weapons of infantry fighting vehicles and small arms.
Under the fire were Gorlovka, Yasinovataya and its suburbs, Dokuchayevsk, Yasnoye, Novolaspa, Elenovka, Sosnovskoye, Kominternovo, Sakhanka, Oktyabr, Leninskoye, Bezymennoye, Alexandrovka, Trudovskiye and Staromikhailovka.
Earlier on Saturday, the DPR reported 530 shells and mines launched on the republic overnight from weapons outlawed by the Minsk agreements.
On August 26, the parties to the Contact Group for settling the armed civil conflict in eastern Ukraine made a yet another, ninth, attempt to attain ceasefire. The agreement they reached suggests the ceasefire takes effect as of September 1. However, the Ukrainian side keeps on shelling DPR’s settlements. The DPR has been daily reporting more than 100 episodes of shelling with the use of weapons of 120mm and 122mm calibers.
Despite the ongoing provocations, the leaders of the self-proclaimed republics, the DPR and LPR (Lugansk People’s Republic), on September 13 banned their servicemen to open retaliatory fire in response to provocations from Ukrainian troops. On the following day, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said after talks in Kiev that Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko had also guaranteed Ukraine’s readiness to observe truce in Donbass.
The Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements, known as Minsk-2, that was signed in Minsk on February 12, 2015, envisaged a ceasefire regime between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk (DPR and LPR) starting from February 15, 2015, and a subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.