BERLIN, July 25. /TASS/. Around 200 police officers and 350 rescuers and firefighters are working at the site of an explosion in the German city of Ansbach, near Nuremberg, DPA reported on Monday.
According to latest reports, 14 people were injured. The only victim in the blast was the attacker himself. Paramedics tried to resuscitate him but failed. There is no information yet on his identity, motives and type of explosives that he used.
The police say the attacker acted alone.
A blast in the German city of Ansbach was most likely caused by an explosive device, the police told TASS earlier on Monday.
"It was most likely an explosive device," the police said adding that the version with a gas explosion was ruled out.
There is no evidence yet that the person who died was a suicide bomber, the police added.
"As of now, one person died, and he is the suspect. Eleven people were injured," the police said.
The blast occurred near a restaurant in the city center, in close proximity to Ansbach Open music festival. The festival lasted for three days and ended on Sunday.
The police said the site of the explosion was cordoned off. Local media reported that special forces arrived at the site. Bavarian Minister Of Interior Joachim Herrmann was en route to the site.