Moscow and Beijing call for complete denuclearization of Korean PeninsulaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 14:35
G7 summit kicks off in ItalyWorld May 26, 13:55
Kremlin spokesman says Russia stands with UK in war on terrorRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 13:13
Russia looks for traces of extra-terrestrial life forms on ISS surfaceScience & Space May 26, 13:04
Press review: NATO's anti-terror Trump card and US' Syrian civilian body countPress Review May 26, 13:00
Russia warns NATO against military buildup along eastern borderRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 12:01
Russia to sell over 360 cutting-edge helicopters by 2030Military & Defense May 26, 11:37
Trump’s limo too big to fit through Royal Palace gates in BrusselsWorld May 26, 11:18
Russian ambassador says Paris remains important partner for MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 10:20
MINSK, July 13 /TASS/. Civilian casualties in Donbass are growing, Martin Sajdik, Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine, said after a meeting of the Contact Group for settlement in eastern Ukraine.
"The number of casualties among the civilian population is growing. I consider it to be sad and inadmissible," he said touching upon the general situation in Donbass.
"I am urging all the sides [in the Donbass conflict] to avoid them [civilians casualties]," Sajdik stressed.
Sajdik also said that the humanitarian group had discussed the release of prisoners and problems of identification of missing persons.
"My personal disappointment on this matter has not decreased. It has grown deeper," Sajdik stressed.
According to Sajdik, OSCE hopes to sign a document on disengagement of forces in three new points in Donbass in the next two days.
"The OSCE hopes to sign a document on the disengagement of forces in three new points in Donbass in the next few days. The security group will continue its work tonight, and possibly tomorrow, as its head [Ertugrul] Apakan hopes, it will sign the document in the format of a video conference," Sajdik said.
Sajdik also complained about the recently emerged difficulties linked to practical preparation by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) of recommendations to disengage the forces. "Last week, the SMM deputy chief was denied the right to visit the sections at which the forces were supposed to be disengaged.