IAAF approves application of three Russians to compete as neutral athletesSport February 24, 1:43
US lawmakers present no evidence of Russia’s interference in US election - Russian MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 23, 21:42
Russia to continue strengthen its Armed Forces - PutinRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 23, 21:37
4,000 Russian nationals fight among militants in Syria - PutinRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 23, 21:31
Opposition’s demand of Assad’s immediate resignation absurd - Russian envoy to GenevaRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 23, 16:34
Moscow celebrates Defender of the Fatherland DaySociety & Culture February 23, 16:19
ISS astronauts capture Dragon with manipulatorScience & Space February 23, 14:36
Vitaly Churkin’s body delivered to RussiaRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 23, 12:30
Ukrainian military shell Donetsk water purification plantWorld February 23, 11:45
MOSCOW, May 13. /TASS/. The Ukrainian side continues to block the process of prisoner exchange with the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), Denis Pushilin, the DPR chief negotiator at the Minsk talks, said on Friday.
"We insist that the exchange should be made as soon as possible. Ukraine has been braking this process. The work of the humanitarian subgroup continues. The work is underway with the lists and specifications to the lists, our lists have long been submitted. The ‘25 for 50’ proposal remains in force, but we seek to get an ‘all for all’ exchange," Pushilin is quoted by the Donetsk News Agency.
Previously, DPR Commissioner for Human Rights Daria Morozova repeatedly said that the DPR delegation in Minsk put forward proposals on the exchange of prisoners with the Ukrainian side according to the ‘25 for 50’ formula. Pushilin once again said on April 21 that the prisoner exchange process was delayed due to changing by the Ukrainian side of the lists that had been submitted by the DPR human rights commissioner. The self-proclaimed republic’s chief negotiator then said again that uncoordinated actions of the authorities in Kiev disrupted the prisoner exchange that had been planned for Easter.
The member of the Contact Group on the settlement of the conflict in the southeast of Ukraine agreed on observing Easter ceasefire starting from April 30. However, the self-proclaimed Donbass republics and Kiev forces continue accusing each other of violating the ceasefire regime in Donbass.
Ceasefire is envisaged by the Minsk accords signed on 12 February 2015, after negotiations in the so-called Normandy Format in the Belarusian capital Minsk, bringing together Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko. The package of measures also envisages weaponry withdrawal, prisoner exchange, local election in Donbass, constitutional reform in Ukraine and establishing working sub-groups on security, political, economy and humanitarian components of the Minsk accords.