Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Yerevan refutes Azerbaijan’s accusations on elections in Nagorno-Karabakh

September 01, 2015, 9:05 UTC+3 YEREVAN
On Monday, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said in a statement that the elections in Nagorno-Karabakh scheduled for September 13 "had no legal force"
1 pages in this article
© ITAR-TASS/Armenpress

YEREVAN, August 31. /TASS/. The Armenian Foreign Ministry has rejected the accusations contained in Monday’s statement of the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry that the elections to the local governments in the Nagorno-Karabakh region violate international law, Armenian Foreign Ministry spokesman Tigran Balayan said.

"The Armenian side has repeatedly said that the elections in Nagorno-Karabakh held periodically since 1991 are a testament to the commitment of the people of Nagorno-Karabkh to democratic development and respect for human rights," the diplomat said.

Earlier on Monday, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said in a statement that the elections in Nagorno-Karabakh scheduled for September 13 "had no legal force" and "were a clear violation of Azerbaijan’s Constitution, the norms and principles of international law.".

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама