LONDON, August 29. /TASS/. Ukrainian national Vadim Bezkorovainy, living in Great Britain, has pleaded not guilty of preparing an attack on the Russian Embassy in London, the BBC Russian Service reported.
"On Friday, Bezkorovainy, who is in custody, appeared before London’s Central Criminal Court by means of a video communication. The judge asked him whether he agreed or disagreed with the charge. Vadim Bezkorovainy confirmed his name in English and said he does not consider himself guilty," the report said.
The prosecution believes the 33-year-old Briton living in Luton was involved in preparing an act of terrorism. The Crown Prosecution Service said the suspect had been planning an attack on the Russian Embassy in London in the period from January 27 to March 15, 2014.
The BBC reported that the first hearing on that case took place in the Old Bailey criminal court on June 5.
Ukraine’s embassy said the accused has not turned to the diplomatic mission for consular assistance.
Consideration of the case on the merits is to start November 2 in the Central Criminal Court and last 3-4 weeks.