Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Luhansk republic says ready for compromise on disengagement line at talks with Kiev

February 05, 2015, 15:21 UTC+3 MOSCOW
The self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic is ready for compromises, its negotiator at Minsk talks says
1 pages in this article
Luhansk republic’s negotiator Vladislav Deinego

Luhansk republic’s negotiator Vladislav Deinego

© Valery Matytsin/TASS

MOSCOW, February 5. /TASS/. The authorities of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic are ready to discuss all the controversial issues with Kiev, including the disengagement line, the republic’s negotiator at Minsk talks Vladislav Deinego said on Thursday.

"We are ready to talk with the Ukrainian side, coordinate and discuss all the controversial issues. We are ready for compromises," Vladislav Deinego said.

At the Minsk talks of the Contact Group on January 31, the sides failed to agree mainly due to disputes over the disengagement line. Deinego said Kiev doesn’t like the level of the representation at talks and also the line from which heavy weaponry needs to be withdrawn.

"In my opinion, weaponry should be withdrawn from any disengagement line existing at the current moment and then sit down at the negotiating table. But the shellings should end as soon as possible," Deinego said.

The Ukrainian side, in its turn, opposed the actual disengagement line, insisting on the line as of September 19," he said.

In a joint statement earlier this week, the Donetsk and Lugansk republics’ leaders said militias plan no offensive operations and are ready to stop at the existing disengagement line.

The LPR expects that Kiev will finally hold negotiations with the DPR and LPR [the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics respectively] in earnest and will stop simulating them," LPR representative at the Minsk talks said commenting on reports about a forthcoming visit of the French and German leaders to Kiev and Moscow.

The all-embracing and final ceasefire needs to be achieved in Ukraine’s war-torn south-east, commonly known as Donbas, instead of temporary cessation of fire for the evacuation of civilians from the combat zone, Deinego said.

"We resolutely stand on the all-embracing and final ceasefire so there will be no further need for the evacuation of civilians," Luhansk envoy told TASS.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама