OPEC has no objections to speed of Russia's oil production cutsBusiness & Economy March 25, 12:38
Opposition leader Vladimir Neklyayev detained in Belarus - news agency directorWorld March 25, 5:33
Russia submits amicus curiae brief to US Supreme CourtRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:34
Russia, China suggest for UN SC to adopt resolution on chemical terrorism threatRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:23
Russian lawmaker compares European Union to Soviet UnionRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 3:16
Russian emergencies ministry says fire at Kazan’s gunpowder factory fully extinguishedWorld March 25, 3:01
Relations btw US, Russia worst over half-century - Lukin quoting KissingerRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 2:58
Russia suggests setting up international coalition for demining operations in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 25, 1:08
One person dies in fire at gunpowder factory in Russia's KazanWorld March 24, 21:47
MOSCOW, February 2. /TASS/. Militias of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR) plan no offensive operations and are ready to stop at the existing disengagement line, the DPR and LPR leaders, Alexander Zakharchenko and Igor Plotnitsky, said in a joint statement on Monday.
"We want no more blood. We are ready to stop but to stop where we are now. We shall not betray the memory of civilians and our comrades-in-arms who were killed in January. We are in favour of peace talks. We demand that Kiev sits down at the negotiating table," the Donetsk News Agency quotes the statement.
The DPR and LPR leaders reminded that a new spiral of Kiev’s force operation in eastern Ukraine had begun when the Ukrainian military had been ordered to seize the Donetsk airport, which was to be controlled by the DPR in line with the Minsk agreements.
According to the statement, as many as 242 civilians were killed and 273 more were wounded in January. A total of 434 buildings were ruined.