Syrian opposition ready for direct talks with government delegation — representativeWorld February 22, 21:56
UN Syria envoy expects no breakthrough at new round of Syria talksWorld February 22, 21:09
Russia opposes sharing responsibility for fate of Middle East refugeesRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 20:36
First woman in space Valentina Tereshkova may meet with Queen Elizabeth IIRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 20:27
Spain’s famous footballer Puyol returns to Russia next week ahead of FIFA 2017, 2018 CupsSport February 22, 20:15
Putin promotes generals to higher military ranks after Syria operationMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:56
Russia, Turkey may discuss purchase of S-400 systems at March talksMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:18
European human rights watchdog welcomes court’s ruling on Russian opposition activistWorld February 22, 18:42
Maslenitsa festival: a week of pancakes and joySociety & Culture February 22, 17:49
DONETSK, January 24. /TASS/. The Defence Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic called clear misinformation materials in Ukrainian media saying houses in Mariupol had been shelled by the militia.
“This is clear misinformation. The forces of militia have not opened fire towards Mariupol or its houses,” spokesman of the defence ministry told the Donetsk news agency.
The ministry says the militia was holding the fort at Novoazovsk (a town 40 kilometres from Mariupol, controlled by the DPR) and they were not delivering any shelling there.
A man, living in Mariupol, who witnessed the shelling, told TASS “the shell came from the Ilyich plant, where shooting was heard. This territory is controlled by Ukraine’s Armed Forces.”
The Mariupol Mayor’s Office reports three people were killed, information on the injured is not finalised yet.