TEL AVIVI, April 30. /TASS/. The press service of the Israel Defense Forces has refused from comments on media reports about the latest strikes on Syria and Israel’s possible involvement.
"We don’t comment of reports of foreign mass media," a spokesman told TASS on Monday.
Syria’s government television channel Suriya said earlier a missile strike had been launched on Sunday night, targeting positions of the Syrian government troops near the cities of Hama and Aleppo.
According to Sky News Arabiya TV, the strike destroyed a large depot with Iranian weapons 10 km to the west of Hama (220 km from Damascus). The report said there were deaths among the Syrian forces and Iranian military advisers.
A source in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps denied reports that 18 Iranian advisers were allegedly killed during the recent missile strike on Syria, the Mehr news agency reported.
A commander of pro-Iranian forces of Fatemiyoun Shia militias fighting alongside with the Syrian army said their base near Aleppo (360 km from Damascus) was not targeted by any strikes. According to him, the military facility is not damaged and there are no casualties among the personnel.
Lebanon’s daily Al-Akhbar blamed Israel for the recent missile strike on Syria warning about a quick and an inevitable response to this attack.